Increase your Productivity – Use 2 Monitors
I’m always amazed at how you can never stop learning!
I had a meeting with one of my clients recently – an informal chat over a cup of tea. I couldn’t help but notice the two massive 27 inch monitors fixed on his desk, creating plastic wall of plasma between us.
My client told me that he had attended a ‘forward thinking’ course aimed at increasing productivity. One of the tips he gleaned from the course was that using two monitors can increase your personal productivity. He was adamant it was a good thing, so I duly tried once I got back into the office.
WOW – what a difference it has made to my working day! It means that
- I can access information more quickly
- work on more than one project at a time
- share data between applications easily by dragging from one monitor to the next
- maintain my accessibility by keeping emails on one screen and the project I’m currently working on the other
The advantages of dual monitors outweigh their disadvantages;
- Yes – they take up more room on my desk – but having said that it’s meant that I’ve cleaned away a lot of junk that was covering my desk in the first place
- Yes – there’s a cost involved, but monitors are relatively inexpensive these days – in fact, I used an old one that we had lying around in the storeroom!
Do yourself a favour – try working with 2 monitors. I’m a convert now and I can’t think of a time when I’ll go back to using just one.
Do you utilise a dual monitor setup? What do you think of it? Please leave a comment in the box below!
Keenans provides helps for small businesses on a wide range of subjects – contact us for more details.